SMITHFIELD, R.I. (February 24, 2022) – Navigant Credit Union is strengthening its growing, diverse team of financial professionals, today announcing a series of new hires and promotions across several departments.
Navigant Credit Union is promoting four of its long-serving team members to leadership positions and has hired a new leader in its IT Security office. These organizational announcements come shortly after Navigant Credit Union opened its 22nd and 23rd branch locations, continuing to build on its role as Rhode Island’s largest member-owned credit union and among the strongest in the nation.
“As we continue to build our team, we strive to identify and hire the industry’s most passionate, most service-minded financial professionals, and – most importantly – put them in positions to succeed and thrive within our organization,” said Navigant Credit President President / CEO Gary E. Furtado. “I congratulate these five leaders on their well-earned new positions, and I look forward to continue working with them to advance Navigant Credit Union’s mission and better serve our members from all across Rhode Island.”
Promotions and new hires include:
- Martha Correia, Senior Vice President of Retail Administration: In this newly created role, Martha will be responsible for sustaining Navigant Credit Union’s best-in-class branch sales and service strategy while overseeing the credit union’s network of 23 branches. A resident of Cumberland, Martha has worked at Navigant Credit Union for more than 26 years, most recently serving as Vice President / Regional Manager.
- Stephen Ormerod, Senior Vice President / Director of Security: Steve will be responsible for the physical security of the Credit Union and for enhancing methods of mitigating fraud and fraud losses across all delivery channels and business lines. Steve resides in Rumford, and has worked at Navigant Credit Union for 16 years, most recently serving as Vice President / Chief Security Officer.
- Donald Osley, Vice President / Senior Relationship Manager: In his new role, Don will lead Navigant Credit Union’s team of Commercial Relationship Managers; provide guidance and oversight in underwriting loans and generating new referrals; and work with Navigant’s Business Development team to develop loan pricing and structure. Don has worked at Navigant Credit Union for more than 10 years and lives in Coventry.
- Gian Mallozzi, Vice President / Senior Credit Officer: Formerly serving as Assistant Vice President / Relationship Manager, Gian will now lead Navigant Credit Union’s credit analysis and underwriting team. He will also be responsible for developing and training credit analysts and underwriters. A 5-year veteran with Navigant Credit Union, Gian lives in Providence.
- Annette Niemczyk, Vice President, IT Infrastructure & Security: In her role, Annette will ensure Navigant Credit Union’s core technology and security infrastructure is up to date and operating soundly across the business. Annette joins Navigant Credit Union’s team with 18 years of financial industry and IT experience. She lives in Pascoag.